Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
An amateur ethnologist, Anne Black collected materials on the Northern Cheyenne Indians. Included in these papers are the 1891 – 1910 superintendent's letter books of the Tongue River Agency, and recorded narratives, typed interviews, and photographs [access to some components of this collection is RESTRICTED].
Images of Northern Cheyenne Indians, early 20th century. Black and white prints, photographed by Mrs. Elizabeth C. Grinnell (approximately 1876-1844).
Photograph of Cheyenne Chief Wolf Robe, copyright 1892 by F A Rinehart, 8x10, black/white. Photo was removed from frame for preservation purposes. Photograph and backing were retained. Frame was disposed of.
- Subject: Cheyenne Indians—Photographs. X
- Indians (Native Americans) 3
- Northern Cheyenne Indian Reservation (Mont.)—Photographs. 3
- Indians of North America--Photographs 2
- Fort Keogh (Mont.)—Photographs. 1
- Indians of North America—Great Plains—Photographs. 1
- Lame Deer (Mont.)—Photographs. 1
- Little Bighorn Battlefield (Mont.)—Photographs. 1
- Montana—History—Photographs. 1
- Northern Cheyenne Indian Reservation (Mont.) 1
- Photography—Printing processes—Albumen. 1 ∧ less
- Black, Anne 1
- Council for Indian Education 1
- Grinnell, Elizabeth C. 1
- Grinnell, George Bird 1
- Grinnell, George Bird Grinnell 1