Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Edward Becker was the Indian Agent at the Crow Agency, Montana in 1898. This collection contains a photograph album assembled by Becker with approximately 94 black and white images depicting life and ceremony among the Crow Indians. There are also two portraits of Becker, a snapshot of Becker with William F. Cody, and the document from president McKinley naming Becker as Indian Agent. The photographer of the photos in this album is Fred E. Miller.
The collection consists of materials collected by Alexander “Alec” F.C. Greene while he worked for the Bureau of Indian Affairs on the Crow Indian Reservation.
This collection contains the personal papers of James Canan. James Canan worked for the Bureau of Indian Affairs between the years of 1956-1994. The collection has a mixture of publications, personal notes, and federal governement records all pertaining to the Bureau of Indian Affairs and issues that affected that line of work. The pieces in this collection are helpful when researching the Bureau of Indian Affairs during the civil rights movement.
This collection contains photographs of the early Crow Fair, bison, horses, tepees, and Crow people. These photographs were taken mostly by James J. Sloan during the early 20th century. Some of the photographs have captions on the back identifying the people in the photograph.
- Indians of North America--Photographs 3
- Indians (Native Americans) 2
- Montana 2
- Montana—History—Photographs. 2
- Blackfeet Tribe of the Blackfeet Indian Reservation of Montana 1
- Fort Belknap Indian Community of the Fort Belknap Reservation of Montana 1
- Fort Peck Indian Reservation (Mont.) 1
- Montana--Photographs 1
- Northern Cheyenne Indian Reservation (Mont.) 1
- Photographers--United States 1
- Rocky Boy's Reservation (Mont.) 1
- Wind River Indian Reservation (Wyo.) 1
- Wyoming 1 ∧ less
- Becker, Edward 1
- Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- Canan, James 1
- Clifton, James A. 1
- Department of the Interior, 1912- 1